Monday, June 6, 2011

Top 17 Songs

I thought it would be much easier than this to keep up a vain music blog. I must just set aside time every day or two to just write stuff.
I'm going to be posting new posts about my favorite songs from my favorite artists. A "Top 17". Why 17 you ask? Well, seven is my favorite number, and most lists are top 10, so I just added them together. Plus, 17 reversed is 71, which is the year of the 70's in which I was born. I'm old.
I'm going to eventually do this for my Top 34 artists (17+17=34; 3+4=7), but will start with these 5: one from each decade from the 60's through the ought's. I regard an artist in a certain decade of where their best work was created. My top 34 artists are not the greatest artists in musical history (totally different discussion) just my personal faves...like if I had to chose only 34 artists to listen to for the rest of my life.Henceforth, to start:
60's-The Beatles
70's-Joy Division
80's-The Smiths
90's-Jeff Buckley
00's-The National

If you have a suggestions for artists for me to consider...let me know. I'd love to talk music with y'all. Unless your favorite artist is Kenny G. Then no, we cannot discuss music.

No comments:

Post a Comment